1. It wasn't so much that I disliked her_that I just wasn't interested.
A. so B. as C. in order D. such
2. Yesterday was the second time that she at a summer school and she thor-
oughly enjoyed it.
A. was B. has been C. had been D. be
3. He reached the station_.only .that the train had just left.
A. exhausted... learned B. exhausting... to learn
C. to exhaust... to learn D. exhausted... to learn
4._in such an atmosphere was not the kind of thing that the court should en-
A. For the child to have brought up
B. For the child to bring up
C. For the child to be brought up
D. For the child to have been bringing up
5. Today，most experts in aerospace believed that what radar is to airplanes，_
eyes are to human's body.
A. what B. that C. so D. as
6. He requested that his son read all the books are on the bookshelf.
A. which B. but there
C. which there D. there
7. One may as well not know a thing_it imperfectly.
A. that know B. as know
C. as knows D. that knows
8. Many tools that are placed on the shelf are
A. not so useless as they are heavy B. so useless as to be heavy
C. as useless as simple D. as useless as they are heavy
9. The little girl might have been drowned_that the sailors came to the rescue.
A. provided B. if not C. but D. unless
10._a huge crowd or a small group at the station，you must be on the alert to
A. There being B. Be there C. If there are D. Being there
11. It is of the utmost importance_punctual for the appointment.
A. that you are B. that you be
C. of you to be D. for you are
12. So far as we can presently foresee，_no practical benefit to mankind in the
exploration of Mars or the study of continental drift.
A. it has appeared B. it appears to be
C. there appears to be D. appears it
13. Without convincing facts we can hardly form a worthwhile opinion，for we need to
have factual knowledge_our thinking.
A. upon which to be based B. which to base upon
C. upon which to base D. which to be base upon
14. The colonel was the only one of the officers who_to be sent to South Africa
to settle the dispute between the two parties.
A. is B. are C. was D. were
15. 1 raced through my breakfast and dressing，all thought of weariness_as my
wife hurriedly packed my bag.